Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mr. Tom's Birthday



Cake and Tacos! We had a little shin-dig with our friends on Tuesday to celebrate Tom's birthday, eat, drink (Ale8) and be merry before the season of Lent when all 6 of us Tom, Cassie, Josh, Rachel, Eric and I, are all giving up food or beverage related things along with a host of other things. We talked about our commitments for lent together and wrote them down so we could review them together at our weekly get-togethers. Eric gave up TV in the evenings (and by default me too, but it's not such a big deal for me since I don't watch TV unless he turns it on). I gave up buying new things for myself or for the house- even little things like nail polish on clearance or a new candle. 40 days of no spending (except for groceries of course) will be good for me. Both of us gave up eating after 7pm. We need some pics of Josh and Rachel! Sorry guys. We'll blog your mugs soon. :)

1 comment:

Tom 1st said...

if you look click on the picture and make it expand to a larger size, you might see a freaky ghost-like reflection or Rach-bell in the window.

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.