Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Micah

Micah turned 4 years old on the 15th! He picked out his own cake mix, icing and candle at the grocery- a process that took a great deal of thought for him. He finally settled on chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing- a man after my own heart. :)
Here we are at our little family celebration...
Nana and Papa visited to give both of the boys their new bikes for their birthdays. Micah chose Spiderman and has had several opportunities to ride even though it's February!
He has really started sounding out words and trying to read after watching Elijah's successes. He of course wants to be just like his big brother . In this pic he's reading the junk mail. After hearing me call it that he said, "Mommy, this is not junk!"
Playing with big bro! They are best friends!

A Birthday Letter to my-micah-moo (I'm sure he'll regret that nick-name someday),
Micah, you are such a blessing to us all. Your smile makes the coolest day warm, and nothing feels better than a cuddle with you. We love the song that is always on your lips as you hum your way around the house every day, and your pace reminds us that we needn't always be in such a rush. You are learning so much: learning to read words, write letters, use manners and self-control, and you love to play games and do puzzles. The same determination that used to make us crazy now allows us to enjoy hour long games (literally) of UNO with you. You keep playing long after everyone else quits (or wants to quit), and an hour later you ask to play again. You love others, and we love you; Happy Birthday 4 year old boy!

1 comment:

Barnett's said...

Happy Birthday Micah!!!! I finally figure this out after about a year. Now I can do comments instead of just looking. Love your bike I heard all about it from Nana. Erin I check about every week and have since you moved. It is so great, I am able to keep up with you guys and what you are doing. The boys are so amazing, We miss you all so much.

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.