Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time

We, as parents, are fond of saying (or at least thinking) occasionally- "it's a phase I hope he grows out of soon enough," or "I can't wait until she starts feeding herself," or "if we could just get him out of diapers..." There is certainly the desire to see our children become more responsible, more mature, more self-sufficient and more independent. Imagine the mess we'd be in if we didn't have those desires.

But, if I could have my cake and eat it too, there would be a list of things that I'd want to keep the same forever.

1. Elijah would always think it's cool to write "I 'heart' you mom" with sidewalk chalk in the middle of our driveway.
2. Micah would always want to cuddle for a few minutes when he wakes up in the morning.
3. Isaiah would continue to believe that a hug from mommy can cure every evil.
4. All three would continue to tell me every thought they're thinking without fear of judgment or criticism.
5. They would continue to be best friends who share everything and protect each other fiercely.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.