Tuesday, May 20, 2008

WHAT IF #4

Elijah likes to ask impossible WHAT IF questions... here is another gem from lunch today.

Elijah: What if the whole house flew up into the air...
Me: (Waiting cause I could tell he wasn't done... ) and
Elijah: and when it came back down it was all messed up (his turn to wait)
Me: If the house flew up in the air, I'm sure it would be messed up when it came back down
Elijah: yea, but what if the door was where the windows are and like the windows were where the doors is and stuff like that? What then? (big smile spreads across his face- ear to ear- probably from the dazed expression on mine)
Me: I guess we'd have to get in and out through the window?
Elijah: No, we would still use the door, it would just be where the window is.
Sheesh. What was I thinking. Of course. :)

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.