Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sleep


Training all 3 boys to sleep in the same room at the same time has been an exercise in patience to say the least. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that Eric and I have both been pushed past our breaking points, so frustrated that we were thinking thoughts one just should not think toward one's children. Finally, after many late nights of kids still awake, we're seeing some hope. Last night and tonight were much better than the previous week, so I feel like we're on the uphill climb. The main instigator is Isaiah. He just CAN NOT seem to stay in his own bed. But you'd never know it from this sweet, innocent picture huh. Before our renewed commitment to this new endeavor, we had been putting him to bed in our bed and moving him after he fell asleep. One night a few weeks ago we entered to find him dressed in my sweater- but the sleeves were on his legs instead of his arms. How? Why? who knows, but sleeping children are always so cute huh.

1 comment:

B,P,R,S & L said...

Shucks, that's what I was going to suggest. Erin, I don't know if you know me, but I recognized you last year at the JCS Opening Day, but couldn't place you for a long time, until I found a link to your blog from Josh's blog. My husband and I graduated from IWU in 2002, and my hubby is at ATS doing his Masters of Christian Leadership. I teach choir at East Middle, for 14 more days. :~) We also saw you guys at the retreat. Anyways, we have a 3.5 year old and 1 year old (girls) that sleep in the same room. The 3.5 year old has a bit more energy at bed time than the 1 year old, so she goes to bed in our room and then we move her. I think that when the one year old is older, we will be able to put them to bed at the same time. Good luck!! You've been doing what we've already been doing. :~)

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.