Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quick Thoughts

Matthew 7:13-23. My thoughts.

"Don't look for shortcuts to God." Am I following a formulaic list of tasks that I think makes me more holy? "The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time." Lord, there is no time that is not Your time. Remind me of that today. "The way to life- to God- is vigorous and requires total attention." Am I washing dishes, doing laundry, making phone calls, returning emails, watering my tomatoes, parenting my kids with attention given to you? "Who preachers are in the main thing, not what they say." Lord, help me reveal who I am today. Help me not to be caught up in how I sound; help me to just be me with You shining through. "You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important." Lord, forgive me for the times I have sought (or thought I deserved) recognition for the work You were doing. Reveal to me the times that I put myself first. Amen.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.