Sunday, September 14, 2008

Laughter


Streams of laughter from the boys' bedroom as they spend some playtime with Daddy. They play so well on their own most of the time that I sometimes forget how much they love spending time with us. Tonight Eric is the shark and the boys are feeding him marbles. The shark then throws them up and starts over. I'm pretty sure the throwing-up part is the funny part, and it doesn't seem to matter how many times he does it, they still laugh. We are so incredibly blessed!

We enjoyed another very restful Sabbath. I managed to avoid working all day and even took a nap. Elijah asked for family communion last night, and he prayed one of the most interesting prayers I've heard yet. We'd just watched the Prince of Egypt and he then prayed something like this:
"Dear God, Is it really true that Moses pushed someone off of that tall ladder?... (long pause)... Oh really? So it's not true? That's good God. I pray for Moses. Help me to be good at church tomorrow. Amen"

1 comment:

Jess said...

I miss those laughs! Can't wait to spend time with you all in October!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.