Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bedtime and Spiders



Unrelated topics, but I finally downloaded pictures. First, the boys have been doing much better at bedtimes. Isaiah has stayed in his own bed all week! I even folded up his closet sleeping blankets today and put them away- a sure sign that tonight he'll need to move to the closet again. We built tents over their beds with sheets and thumb tacks- a big hit.

AND

We found this outside yesterday.
Anybody know what kind of spider this is? Micah, Isaiah and I watched it for quite some time. It doesn't look like a brown recluse or a black widdow, and those are the only two poisonous ones I know. It is definitely aggressive though. We put a stick beside it in the web and it attacked the stick. Isaiah was completely enamored and asked to go out and see the spider first thing this morning. Micah thought it was gross.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.