Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Diaperless at Last?

I hesitate to write this at the risk of counting my diaperless days before they transpire, BUT as of today, we have had two whole days of Isaiah initiating going to the potty on his own, every time. He has been out of pull-ups, even at night, for almost 2 months, but I always had to bribe, coerce, semi-force him to try to go to the bathroom (mini-marshmallows and mini Tootsie Rolls). If I didn't, he would go in his pants every time.

We've definitely turned a corner. I decided to stop the coercion about 2 weeks ago and just let him figure it out on his own. After wiping up about a hundred pee spots, doing a load of laundry every day, and picking up more poo than I care to remember, I think the boy might finally have it. He went to the bathroom, on his own, without a bribe or reward every time all day today and yesterday.

Can it be? Are our days of buying diapers drawing to a close? One can only hope.

1 comment:

amberly said...

your a good mom.

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.