Thursday, June 12, 2008

Swimming

New firsts for the boys- Micah and Elijah have both been in swimming lessons this week, and tonight they swam unassisted for the first time. Elijah did it easily, swimming a full 3 body lengths to his teacher. Micah swam also although a much shorter distance. He hasn't quite figure out the coordination of keeping arms and feet going all at the same time.

Anyway, the joy on their faces was hard to describe. They were literally glowing from ear to ear- grinning so big you could see every tooth. After Elijah swam from his teacher to the wall for the first time, he turned to Micah and said, "Did you see me Micah? Did you see? I swimmed!"

Good day!

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.