"Mommy! Mommy!" exclaimed in great excitement, face all aglow, "Guess what? I made a friend today... his name is Luke and we played Power Rangers and he's my friend and Mommy Mommy Guess what? Do you know what Mommy? Do you know why Luke is my new friend? He is my best friend ever. Do you know why Mommy?"
"Cause he follows all of the rules when we play."
Hmmm, I wonder if this means that Luke follows all of Micah's rules? or if Luke is just generally a good rule following kid. Either way, Micah apparently loves that about him. Eric and I thought this was fitting for Micah's personality. He tends to be a color-inside-the-lines kind of guy. :)
In other news:
- Elijah took his army men to day care today and traded one for 6 Pokemon cards from some poor kid who probably doesn't know that you can get a whole bag of army men at the dollar store for a buck. How very entrepreneurial of him.
- We went to the Nicholasville pool yesterday afternoon and had a blast. Isaiah is getting better in the water- not so timid- but when anyone asked him if he had fun swimming, his response was always the same,
- "Yaaaa, and I sinked, and I got out, and I cried, but I am ok." He speaks of the 3 seconds after he lost his footing and landed was face down in 1 ft. of water apparently unable to put his feet down and stand back up. I must admit that it is wonderful taking him to the pool though. His timidity means that I'm not chasing him all over the place. He mostly just chills close to wherever I am in the water.
- Elijah and Micah are in swimming lessons this week. I hope to post a video of Elijah swimming soon. He is seriously swimming like a fish. He can almost do the entire shallow end from the wall to the black line. Micah is doing well too. He certainly tries hard and can usually get from the wall to his teacher 3-4 ft. away and back to the wall again. They would swim all day every day if they could.
- Cooler weather this week. Yipee! No A/C all day today.
- I'm officially training for a half-marathon. My running-man husband finally convinced me that I could do it, worked up a training program for me, and so far, 2 days in, it is going really well. I'm shocked that I was afraid of running for so long. It's really not that bad if you're doing it right. I had always erred on doing too much too quickly. Eric is training for a full marathon (now that's crazy).
- My new job as Spouse and Family Ministries coordinator is going great. I love it.
- All 3 boys went to sleep in their own room tonight with almost NO supervision (just two little "visits" to Isaiah). Wonderful yet not getting hopes up at the same time. This fluke has occurred before. Oh that the flukes would start occurring closer together.
- I love Coldplay! Eric bought a live album with his father's day iTunes $ and it is great running music.
- Reading Organic Community by Joseph Myers- terrific ideas so far. I'll post more on it later.
- I love the library in the summer. It is BUG week this week. We had so much fun there this afternoon. And next Tuesday is science experiment day. Elijah will be jumping out of his pants.