Saturday, January 30, 2010

Give Wisely

Just a reminder to think twice about where you give for Haitian relief efforts. Sometimes large organizations have their own political interests in mind over the best interests of individuals and families. Just make informed choices.
Heartline Haiti Ministries and World Wide Village are both small Christian organizations with experienced ministry professionals in Haiti. They are making good choices for kids unlike UNICEF. Read these two stories 1 family's story and Livesay's story for more on UNICEF. I'm only posting this because I had no idea. I like to be informed, and I thought maybe my 4 readers might like to know too. :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks for the info. I've been concerned about rumors I've heard of misdirected funds and resources. I had no idea about Unicef's adoption "attitude." Seems like they're making a bad situation worse.

-- One of "the four"
Robin

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice. Also thank you for referring me to the Haiti blog that you follow. I just started reading it, but will continue to do so and keep following as much as I can. I like their "action" stance. Thanks so much again. Hope you are doing well.
When you talked about hosting the college age group, it made me think of when we all lived with Jaena. That was such a fun time for me and made me feel at home.
Just reminiscing!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.