Tuesday, January 26, 2010

College Age Group

For the past 2 weeks, Eric and I have been hosting a group of college aged kids from church. We eat food, play games, talk about our lives and laugh. In the mere 10 years its been since I was in college, I've forgotten how appreciative I was of having a home to join for a few hours a week.

When we first talked about hosting the group I was all for it and knew in my head that it would be great, but somewhere there was the nagging thought, "What if they don't like it? What if they don't come back?" In 10 years, I had forgotten.

They are a great group of students, so polite and appreciative of the smallest gestures we make toward them (trust me, its nothing fancy). I am a little amazed by how little effort it actually takes to be of value to someone, and yet I'm so hesitant to make that little effort sometimes. Why is that? Anyway, all of that to say that its going great. We love having them over, they seem to enjoy coming over, and I'm looking forward to next week. AND I'm AGAIN encouraged to make the little efforts.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.