Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Elijah's First Day


Elijah is officially a second grader. He had a great first day. He came home excited about compost, pumpkin seeds and Mr. Madill. We are all thanking the Lord for a science lesson on the first day (his favorite subject), a teacher that made him laugh, a friend (thanks Shawn) who sat with him on the bus, no homework, and no difficulties that we're aware of. Thank you friends and family for your prayers for him. He seemed calm and confident- miraculous indeed.


Micah's first day is tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.


My first day with students was today and it went well. I wish I could share details but alas confidentiality is an issue. I'll just share that I have 2 very easy classes, 1 moderately difficult class and 1 class that will require all of my patience and more toughness than I've been accustomed to showing over the past 2 years.


Off to day two tomorrow!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Glad all is going as smooth as possible!! Been thinking a lot about your family this week and all the transition that you are going through.

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.