Saturday, August 08, 2009

At the Heartbeat


I don't have any affiliation with this church, but Jeremiah posted this promo on his blog, and I had to respond. It makes my heart pitter pat. It brings a lump to my throat and makes me want to stand up and cheer, YES! They nailed it. This is at the heart of what I want in a church, in my church, in THE church. So many of us want this. Then the more rational me takes over. What are the implications? What sacred cows get tipped? Should we be concerned?

I want to say, Heck No! Go. do. be! But I do want to be prepared to avoid a pendulum swing that can, and often does swing off course in the opposite direction when momumental change takes place. And many people think we are on the cusp of monumental church change in our generation. So what prevents people (us) from being the church 7 days a week traditionally, and what does it look like when this "ideation" goes bad or good for that matter? I don't know. But its worth finding out.


No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.