Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter fun

Hot chocolate after sledding.
The boys played outside in our 4 inches of icy snow for almost 2 hours on Tuesday. Then yesterday, we were riding bikes in short sleeves-66 degrees. Kentucky weirdness.
I tried to get a picture of Elijah with his hot chocolate too, but he had it finished before I got the camera back to the kitchen. Check out those pink cheeks- one of my favorite things about cold weather!
The little video is Elijah on the front of the sled, Micah on the back. We get so little cold weather here that I haven't bought any snow pants or winter boots for 3 years. Elijah is wearing size 3T snow pants, Micah has 2 pairs of pants on, and all 3 of the kids wear their rubber boots with 2 pairs of socks on underneath. It works.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.