Thursday, December 04, 2008

Isaiah Speak


Some of my favorites lately-
- He can't remember the name of Elijah's YMCA drama class on Thursday evenings so to him it's Wijah's Pajama class, and he smiles when he says it because he knows it's not quite right.

- When he changes his mind, it always starts with, "Actualllllyyyyyyyy.. I think..."

- Today he noticed the tiny rainbows painted on the carpet from the sun shining through the sidelight window by the front door. First he yelled, "Mommy, come see the rainbows!" We talked about the colors and where the rainbows came from for a few minutes, and I went back to making potato soup in the kitchen. Several minutes later, I peaked in to see him sitting in the middle of the rainbows, doing a puzzle quietly, and I went back to the kitchen. Several minutes after that, I heard him yelling from the bathroom that he needed help, so I went to help him.

As soon as I had his pants buttoned, he went racing out of the bathroom ahead of me, full speed, yelling as he ran, "I'm coming little rainbows! Please still be there!"

And when I caught up to him, sure enough, there he was sitting in the rainbows on the carpet, playing with their colors on his little fingers.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love blog world! These memories are forever! Things like Isaih's "Rainbow day" may not have been remembered, but because you can immediately type them out, they are saved. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh. Love you!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.