Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fave sound of the day


Elijah sings with passion, but only when he thinks no one is listening. So this afternoon (amazingly beautiful afternoon playing outside btw) I happened upon one of these moments. Me behind the van, Elijah just inside the garage, he had turned on our garage radio and was belting out a song along with the radio,
"I was made to love and be loved by you...
Everything
I would give up for you
La la la la la
Everything
I'd give it all away
La la la la la"
It did my heart good to hear him singing these words. I prayed a brief prayer that someday these lyrics would be the truth in his heart.

1 comment:

amberly said...

the prayers of a righteous Mama are powerful and effective!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.