Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good Times with Ginko






This gigantic old ginko tree on campus sheds every leaf within a 2 hour time span every fall. It's one of my favorite things about living here. Yesterday was the day. The tree goes from being a giant ball of flaming yellow to empty in less than a day. The result is a bed of leaves that is at first 2 feet thick all around the base of the tree. Then, as everyone plays in the leaves, they gradually spread out. Today, Micah and Isaiah enjoyed some time burying each other (and me) and throwing leaves around. It's like the Kentucky version of snow.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.