Saturday, October 03, 2009

Elijah on Love

I made a pillow for Elijah when he was a baby. It is blue checked fabric with white satin ribbon around the outside edges and a giant E sewed into the middle. Micah and Isaiah started asking a few months ago why they don't have pillows with an M and an I on them, so I told them I'd make them one.

Friday evening, Elijah has soccer practice so I took the other two to Hobby Lobby to pick out their own fabrics for their pillows. Micah chose McQueen and Isaiah chose race cars. On the way back to the field to pick up Elijah, Micah started the following conversation.
Micah: Mommy, won't Elijah feel bad that he didn't get new fabric for a pillow.
Me: I don't think so. Elijah already has his E pillow, and he loves it.
Micah: But our fabrics are cool and his is just all blue.
Me: I think Elijah will be happy for you, but it would probably be best not to brag to him OK?
Micah: OK, can I show it to him?
Me: Sure, just don't brag about it being better than his or anything like that.
----- Elijah gets in the van.
Micah: Look Elijah, we got fabric from Hobby Lobby to make our own M and I pillows like your E pillow.
Elijah: Cool. Can I see it?
Micah hands it back to him.
Elijah: I like it. What did you pick Isaiah?
Zay: Race cars
Micah: Elijah, sorry but we didn't get you anything.
Elijah: That's OK. I already have my E pillow that Mommy made me.
Micah: But don't you like our new fabrics better than your plain old E pillow?
Elijah: (pauses for a second) mmmmm.... No, not really. Cause my pillow is full of LOVE. Right Mommy?
Me: That's right Lij.
Elijah: Mommy made it special just for me, so I love it.

Micah was baffled, but it was the end of the conversation. :)

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.