Friday, January 11, 2008

So far so good..

Well, the next phase of our Wilmore lives has begun. Wednesday was my last day of teaching, and Thursday was my first day as stay-at-home-mom. Eric is ready to start substitute teaching on Monday and I've been working at my new job at Southland Christian Church for two weeks. I am really enjoying my new job at the church. Half of it is writing curriculum for preschoolers, which I can do at home, and the other half of the job is teaching the large group preschool at 4 services, 2 weekends out of every 3.

I don't think the newness of "mommy being home" has worn off yet, and Eric has been home quite a bit these past two days so that's made life pretty easy. Elijah said today, "so mommy, you're going to be home with us and Daddy is going to work now right?" I said yes and he said, "I'm glad." So I know he notices... we'll see how fond he is of mommy after a few weeks (or maybe days) when mommy has a grumpy day or two. Overall though, I couldn't be happier staying home with our boys. They make me smile daily, and it is such a blessing to help them grow into the young men God created them to be. Sounds cheesy I know, but its absolutely true.

Thanks to some friends, we should have a new (used) camera soon, which means more pictures of our favorite activities. We can't wait. :)

1 comment:

The Maxeys said...

It's great you're able to stay at home for awhile! You don't sound cheezy at all!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.