Thursday, September 29, 2005

Little eyes are watching


Today while Elijah was at preschool, I let Micah eat his lunch at the coffee table while he watched Sesamee Street. He normally sits at the table with Elijah. We are always reminding Elijah to take his plate to the kitchen when he is finished, and lately he has really been doing well about doing it without being reminded. Today, I sat on the couch and watched in awe as our 18 month old shoved the last bit of hotdog into his mouth, promptly picked up his bowl, smiled at me with cheeks full of food, waddled to the kitchen, and reaching as high as he could left his bowl on the counter. He turned around and waddled back toward me, smiling broadly, obviously pleased with himself for being so big.

This is a recent picture of Isaiah. He is growing so quickly. What a happy guy!

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.