Tuesday, September 13, 2005

First Day of School


Elijah had his first day of preschool this year. He only goes two days a week from 9-11am, but it was a big change for him. The first day was a little rough, but now he looks forward to it and tells us all about his day when we pick him up. He must have a guilty conscience though. If he has gotten in trouble at all, that's the first thing he tells us. Yesterday he said, "Mommy, I got in trouble because I was screaming." I asked why he was screaming, and he said, "I wanted puzzle time and the teacher said it wasn't puzzle time, it was marker time." He also talks about a little girl named Daisy; she is his friend, but Zachary Graber is his best friend.




No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.