Thursday, September 22, 2005

BMV


WORDS OF WISDOM- Don't ever try to take 3 children under 4 to the BMV at the same time, even when it doesn't look busy. Their computer system will crash in the middle of the transaction, your 18 month old will try to run out the door twice, your 5 month old will cry unless you are rocking his seat constantly, and you'll be asking your 3 1/2 year old to do things like "go get your brother out of that lady's purse" when he can barely keep himself under control. Yes, I am speaking from experience. Only one minor injury. Micah slipped off a chair and hit his upper lip on the edge of the counter. He has a small bruise, but no blood and no broken teeth or bones, so I think we're OK. Family picture day tomorrow. Another adventure. Wish us luck. You'll probably see the results in your Christmas cards and Micah will have his wound in the picture, but I've already rescheduled twice becuase of various bumps and bruises, so we're just going to have to accept it as a part of our lives right now.

Erin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When we have kids, I'll keep that in mind. As crazy as your day sounds, I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture of all you were describing. I had a mental picture of all you were saying and I was just cracking up!
I hope you had an OK time getting your pictures taken. I look forward to seeing them.

Robin said...

Bless your heart! I'm sure it was not very fun at the time, but they sure are cute!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.