Thursday, May 05, 2011

Repost from Marilyn

Learning to be who we are is a bigger task than we know.

These two thoughts have become one thought in my mind. There are more ways to live on this interesting earth than any one life can envision. We can run and run to find what we might not have. But the one treasure is the one we take with us everywhere... But still must choose it. This is the choice to come to deep peace with who we are, uniquely and personally. Then it is not so important where we are. 
Rest of her post here. (May 1st)  Does everyone come to terms with the fact that they can not live all of the lives they want to live, or are only a handful of us blessed with subjected to this reality?

There are so many different lives I can imagine for myself and my family, and yet I am very content with the current day, week and month I am living- blessed and happily fulfilled.  But oh how I love new experiences, people and places.  Is this human nature and few of us are willing to share our dreams?  Or are there only some of us who imagine ourselves in other worlds?  Maybe we don't share because we feel judged.  Maybe if I share my dreams with you, I also fear that you think I'm saying that I'm unhappy with my current lot in life when that's just not true.  Dreaming doesn't necessitate discontent.  In fact, I think just the opposite is true.  If I am discontent, dreaming is difficult because I have lost hope.  

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.