Thursday, May 19, 2011

Elijah's Field Trip

Jacob, Lexi, Holly, Erin and Elijah

"Look Mommy, I'm a horse.  Take a picture."







We were really hungry at this point, so I know I was thinking "Man that fake food looks tasty."

The kids all got to try out this loom.  I couldn't take a picture because I was helping, but it was really fun for them.

Elijah loved every minute of every demonstration.  This is his learning style for sure.

Is this not the hugest rocking chair ever?
Things I learned on the field trip:
- It takes/took longer to become a master blacksmith than it does to become a surgeon.
- Women used dead hair collected from hairbrushes to fluff up their real hair.
- In 1860, toasters, tea kettles, cast iron stoves and an ice box (as opposed to the spring house) were modern conveniences.
- A zither is a musical instrument common to German settlers
- Elijah and Holly are best friends- really and truly.  They are kind to one another, share, talk, laugh and have fun,... and that's all.
- Elijah is a great kid!

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.