Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Creativity Abounds

I was at the sink. The boys were at the table doing homework. Isaiah whispered to Elijah.
I told them to stop talking to Elijah so he could finish.
Isaiah said, "Mommy, how did you hear that. I was so quiet."
Me: "I have super sonic Mommy ears. Its my super power."
Isaiah: Mommy could hear an ant screaming for help.
Then he imitates an ant screaming, opening his mouth wide, teeny high pitch sound coming out just barely, then giggles contagiously.
Elijah chimes in: Mommy could hear the trees blowing in Africa.
Isaiah giggles some more.
What about Micah? Between his sore throat (he was home from school that day) and his usual focused, stoic attitude toward homework, he merely frowned at his brothers in protest of their frivolity. :) I love these boys.
My heart is full!

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.