Friday, March 05, 2010

Control: Dr. Suess Style (in honor of his birth week)


merimnaƍ- thought, WORRY:
1) to be anxious, to be troubled with cares
2) to care for, look out for a thing, to seek to promote one's interests,
--------------------------------------------
Do not worry about your life (Matt. 6:25)
Do not worry about your wife (1 Cr. 7:33)
Do not worry about food or water (Matt 6:25)
And do not worry about sons or daughters (1 Cr. 7:34)

But shouldn't I, like Martha, work hard every day? (Luke 10:41)

No. Sit with Me.
I take troubles away.

No worry for life? No worry for water? No worry for food or sons or daughters?
What about clothing- a stylish outfit from Macy's
Surely I shouldn't be stuck in the 80's.

Do not worry about stylish clothes
Not hats, pants, boots or ribbons and bows.
Look at my flowers with their delicate beauty
And tell me if Macy's can live up to them, truly.

But how do I know what will happen tomorrow?
We might be in a bind, and then have to borrow
From friends or family or a perfect stranger,
What then? What then? We could be in danger?

Worry not about what will happen tomorrow, (Matt 6:34)
Worry not about having to beg, steal or borrow.

For after all these things the world does seek
your Father knows you have need of these things. (Matt. 6:32)

Worry not for my house,
not for a career.
Not for my kids, pizza, job or root beer.
I think I might like this trusting in You,
I think I might like it
I do. I do.
And....
I think I have learned my eventual goal
That faith in You
means releasing control.

1 comment:

Kelly Lawson said...

This is seriously amazing!!!!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.