Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sick Mamma and New Car


I haven't felt great for a few days now and it all came to a fevered pitch last night. Hives, chills, fever, then sweating, achy all over, not my preferred reason for being awake at 3am. So, I stayed home from work today and listened to Eric wrangle the boys all day. I took a nap or two, watched lots of TLC and Michael Jackson memorial coverage. Now, I'm feeling much better and think I'll try to return to life tomorrow. I've been fever free with no drugs for a few hours now, so I think everyone is safe.
In other news, a few weeks ago we bought the car in the above photo. Since my new teaching job will require a bit of a commute, we knew we'd need something for me to drive back and forth every day so Eric could keep the van for boy use. Lots of research later, we bought a used (08) Nissan Versa. Welcome to the family little car. :)

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.