Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mr. Independence and Gardening

Cassie and I are planting a garden at their horse farm! So far we have, 9 tomato plants, 2 rows of corn, and one green pepper plant. Half of it will be vines- watermelon, canteloupe and zuchinni, the other half green beans, corn, spinach, lettuce and tomatoes. Anyway, the boys and I packed up our gardening and water fun items and headed over to their house at around 4:30 this afternoon. The boys entertained themselves with very few interventions from mom for a whole hour in the water, dirt and mud. We ate with Mr. Tom and Ms. Cassie, and then went back to the dirt for another hour where they were almost as well entertained. I kicked myself for not bringing a camera, but where in the world do you put a camera when everything is wet or muddy. Imagine three little boys, covered in mud, climbing into a round rubermaid tub full of freezing water, laughing their heads off, then jumping out again only to go role in the dirt and repeat the process. Needless to say we were all pretty dirty when we got home.

Snack, soap and stories and everyone was in bed,(Eric is at a track meet), so I decided to take a bath. I left the TV on CBS, ready to watch CSI as soon as I was done. I stepped out of the bathroom looking forward to a new episode only to find Isaiah. He is sitting on the coach with the remote control in his right hand, his cup in his left, and on TV...not CSI (thank goodness) but Larry Boy. He had climbed on top of the table by the TV, put the movie in the VCR himself and climbed up on the coach to enjoy a late night movie. One of those times when it took everything in me not to laugh.

1 comment:

Robin said...

One of my favorite activities as a kid was making mud pies! When DID I get too old to play in the mud?

Sounds like a memory that will provide laughter for a long time!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.