Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cassie and Tom


Last Saturday we were fortunate enough to visit with our friends Cassie and Tom who live on a farm in Wimore. The boys had such a good time playing with the dog, chasing cats in the barn and standing on the fence talking to the horses. Micah was especially enamoured with the horses. We couldn't hardly pry his icy cold fingers off of the fence railing to go home. Grammie, he's wearing the mittens you knit for him and for some reason he kept calling them his sandals. When we got back inside he'd say, "Mommy, I need my sandals," and point to his hands. It took us forever to figure out that he meant his mittens.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.