Sunday, January 16, 2011

The introvert in me

"But I would like to go away on Sunday morning to the heart of some great solemn wood and sit down among the ferns with only the companionship of the trees and the wood-winds echoing through the dim, moss-hung aisles like the strains of some vast cathedral anthem. And I would stay there for hours alone with nature and my own soul." L M Montgomery from a post of Marilyn Elliot's.

Incredible words that reminded me of the first way I knew God- the, at times, intimidating but always majestic, peaceful God who met me in the woods and fields of Rosedale on more than one Sunday afternoon. I felt a small moment of this on a run here in Keymar yesterday; there is nothing quite like it for me.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.