Friday, July 30, 2010

Maryland Science Center

This place was awesome!  We will definitely be returning... soon.  Elijah is in the bones and medicine area of the kids room which had a skeleton to play with, a microscope, a couple of computer games and the costumes and xray center you see above.  Elijah says he's Lex Luthor.
Isaiah is piloting a submarine here.  The submarine is a two-level play space where the kids are free to roam, explore and pretend and they did plenty of pretending!  Isaiah says he is the king of the sea.

This giant water table was really cool!  If I were a kid that's where I'd spend my time.  Isaiah is building a dam right in the middle of the picture.  To the left you can use PVC pipes to reroute the water and make different fountains.
Newtons Alley had all kinds of experiences that show Newton's laws.  Zay and Micah both played with this air tube and ball for a long time.
More from Newton's Alley... playing with clouds.  Elijah pretended he was Harry Potter and made the clouds his experiment.

There is so much more I could show from the science center, but you'll just have to visit so we can take you there to experience it for yourself.

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.