Friday, December 04, 2009

Coming Home

I love coming home to my family these days. There is a song in my heart the whole way. I love it that Micah helps me cook or set the table. I love it that Isaiah usually has his shirt off- man that kid loves his bare chest. I love it that Elijah is exercising his creativity- literally monkeying around. I just have to stop, take a breath and freeze frames every now and then, and tonight was one of those nights. We played Scene It Disney after dinner, together, all five of us. Everyone's personality contributed uniquely and beautifully. Elijah found that he was especially good at the game and was in heaven. Micah showed more maturity than I've ever seen from him when he didn't win every turn, and Isaiah was happy to be included even though he didn't know the answers to hardly any of the questions. I'd whisper in his ear and he'd happily contribute.

Bedtime was quick and easy and I'm looking forward to our day tomorrow. These are the kinds of days that I want to slow down and live in for years instead of hours.

Wilmore Old fashioned Christmas, Basketball for Micah and a Too Many Drummers concert tomorrow. Maybe some decorating in there too. Can't wait!

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.