Monday, June 29, 2009

Bring Hope in Suffering

(picture has nothing to do with the quote... just a cute pic of our tent loving boys)

Where there is pain
Let there be grace
Where there is suffering
Bring serenity
For those afraid
Help them be brave
Where there is misery
Bring expectancy
And surely we can change
Surely we can change, Something
David Crowder

Working on the fall reader has had me thinking a lot about the pain and suffering others experience and how I isolate myself from even empathizing with them 99% of the time. I want to change that somehow. Still praying about what it looks like completely, but I've got some thoughts in mind. More to come. Also, I'm going to try and post something every day for a while. We'll see how that goes. :) Praying tonight that I can learn not to fear suffering- in myself or in others.

1 comment:

amberly said...

i think that's beautifully brave. rings of kingdom truth. amen.

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.