Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rock Boys Band


This morning, after our school work part 1, our home saw the birth of the Rock Boys Band. Right now, I'm listening to them discuss options for tour dates, advertising, audiences, and of course who will be the star. Stuffed animals will be the audience. They need a microphone. "We need suits!" Micah exclaims. It is a big day! Elijah is working on posters. I asked him what he thought should be on the posters- his response- "Our band's name "Rock Boys Band," a picture of our band and when we're playing." Now, they're planning dance moves. The music they will sing and play seems to be secondary somehow, but adults often fall into the same trap, so can you blame them?

1 comment:

djpb said...

very nice. :)

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.