Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Great Puzzler


Isaiah has proved himself and the most distinguished puzzler of the household lately. His patience and determination far surpass that of his brothers at his age (and even now) and today, as he was putting this puzzle together beside me, he was also a great teacher.

"Mommy, see how dis piece has a fwat side right heew? Dat means it goes on da siiiiide."

-Oh really?

"Yeah. And see dis one has Spiderman's foot on it... see mommy... right heeew?"

-Yup, I see it.

"Dat means we haf to wook for da west of Spiderman....hmmmm....oh! Heew i-dizzzz. I did it! I did it! Wook Mommy! I did it!"

We celebrate together; he dumps the puzzle and starts over.

Meanwhile, I have to take the marbles away from Elijah because he keeps putting whole handfuls in his mouth (they give him 'fire power' apparently), and Micah has pulled every book out of the living room bookshelf to use on his tent. Ahhh, it's a good day.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Isaiah is awesome, but what I really like about the picture is Eric catching so Z's in the background. Like you had a long weekend or something!

Eric said...

How did you even see that!?!?! I hadn't even noticed I was asleep in the background of that picture. I wasn't really asleep. I had passed out from all of the cleaning supply fumes in the bathroom. ;-)

R.S. said...

Tell Elijah that I'll try marbles the next time i need some firepower!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.