Sunday, November 19, 2006

Turkey Day Vacation



It is 9:27AM on a Sunday morning, I'm still in my pajamas and my plans for the day include getting ready for church, going to an open house, Christmas shopping and maybe some Christmas decorating this evening. If you have small children, youre probably already asking yourself- and are the kids going to come along in all of these activities? What about naps and bedtime? Shopping with toddlers? How are you going to do that? Is Eric really going to stay home with them all day while you skip aroun Lexington?
It is the wierdest feeling in the world for me, but Eric and the kids have gone to Greenfield to stay with his Mom and Dad for Thanksgiving and I'll join them on Tuesday night because I have school Monday and Tuesday. Eric has to come back early- Friday night- for school and I'll stay up there until Sunday afternoon. I can't express how strange the last 12 hours have been, being in my house with no family. I cleaned things up yesterday afternoon and they're still clean. I went out with friends last night, stayed out late and slept in this morning. There is this strange emptiness in the house. Is this what it would be like with no kids? It's kind of refreshing for a day or two, but I think it's going to get old really fast. I'll be glad to see all of them Tuesday night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! I am glad that you are able to get some "you" time as well as get things done. I want to say enjoy the time so much, not that the time with the family is bad, but well...you know what I mean. I do hope you enjoy it as well as the time together with family for Thanksgiving. Happy Christmas shopping and hangin out in Lex!

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.