Wednesday, November 15, 2006

T-Shirts and Super Heroes


Just the other day, I was trying to coax Elijah into getting ready for school. Seems easy enough, right? Well not when you pick out a shirt that has a collar and no super hero on the front. It was picture day (I think) and I thought that it would be nice to have a picture of him without Spider Man, the Fantastic Four, Superman or Mr. Incredible on the front of it. Well, it turned into a wild rant and screaming tantrum of utmost proportions. Who knew it was so important...

Until, later that day I thought about it again. How many wives have to coax their husbands into wearing a nice shirt? How many men are still obsessed with wearing a comfortable shirt (something without a collar) and a super hero on it. Maybe not superman (or for some maybe it is) but an adult super hero. Jeff Gordan, LeBron James, Brian Urlacher, Napolean Dynamite...OK the last one may be a stretch but you get my meaning. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I should go a little easier on my 4 year old because there are grown men who are still throwing tantrums about wearing a t-shirt with a super hero on it. There you go. Not too enlightening but hopefully you'll think of me the next time you see a man with a "super hero" shirt on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Thought I'd Say Hi!!!!


I made an extra $2000 a Month Using this site!!

Jim and Jaena said...

Elisha is really into a superhero phase. I never know from one minute to the next who he will be: "I'm NOT Elisha...I'm Larry-Boy!"

And, I agree with your assessment of most men still wanting to wear superhero shirts. Although Jim would be content to wear blue jeans and a white t-shirt at all times. :)

Anonymous said...

What's up Papa Crisp? I haven't heard from you guys in forever. How's Asbury? Are you working on a masters and a PHd. If you get the PHd. then it will be Dr. Papa from now on. But Master Papa has a nice ring to it as well. I talk to Josh every once in a while. He has had some pretty heavy stuff to deal with since being in MI. We are doing great in this hugemonguos metro of Albion,IN.lol! There are 2400 live in town. Do you know Mark O. Wilson? He is a prof in FLAME and senior pastor in Hayward, WI? He pastors in a town that just grew to 2100 and he has a church of over 600! I am taking some mentoring from him via e-mail and his blog, there is a link to in on my blog. Good to here from you man. I miss you too. We had some good times in ICDY but hey, I am still a youth pastor even if some of my youth are retirement age. We are all younger than God so we are all in His youth group.
Cya buddy, Love ya,
Dave

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.