Friday, November 04, 2005

Little eyes and gritting teeth

I was reminded again tonight about how much our kids watch us. Erin was putting Elijah to bed and he informed her about something that had happened while she was at work. He told her about how Micah had gotten in trouble. He said that Micah was playing with the dvd player and daddy gritted his teeth like this (he had to demonstrate of course) and said "Dog gone it son!" Then he said, "Now you try mommy, like this. (grits teeth) Dog gone it son."

Little eyes are watching...I'm not gritting my teeth right now...

Eric

2 comments:

Kim and Joel said...

I so wish there were pictures of that. How do you all not laugh? I would be cracking up. I believe it's true that kids mimic ALL you do. I will keep this in mind for when we have kids of our own.

Bethany said...

It was great to finally catch up on your lives tonight and read your blog. Sorry, it's been awhile since I've looked it up. Love the photos and the great stories. My cousin once smeared her poop all over the walls at her house when she was little. At least that didn't happen, eh? Missing everyone from the states big time. Enough to seriously consider moving back somewhere south of the border. Just not feeling at home in Canada, and really missing great cell phone plans, and cheap plane tickets to fly all over and visit everyone. Take care. Glad you had a good time in NB. Andrew and I are going home for a week at Christmas. Talk to you later.

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.