Monday, September 26, 2005

The sacrifices of fatherhood!

We went to get pictures taken as a family Friday and the boys were great! It was a long wait and not a lot to do at Target, but they kept themselves occupied. Those must be Erin's kids.

I do have to say that while we were there, I either got offended FOR the men of our society or I was offended BY them. I'm not sure which. During the time we were there, I think it was mentioned about 100 times how strange it was for Dad to be there getting pictures taken with the family. Why is that so strange? Are men that checked out of their families lives or do people just assume a guy can't stand to go and get their picture taken? It didn't seem like such the sacrifice for me and it was even kinda fun to spend that time with Erin and the boys.

Men, let's make the ultimate show of family affection and get out there to get our pictures taken!! (sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?)

Oh well, carry on and say cheese!
Eric

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.